- 9”-13” Glass Pan
- 1.5Kg Hash browns
- 1 Pack of Bacon
- 10 Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Chives
- Cheddar Cheese(About half a block)
- 18-24 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- Seasonings- Basil or Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper
• Start cooking Sausages, Bacon and Hash browns. All three can be cooked at the same time if desired, if not, cook one at a time and set off to the side, when done.
• Using a glass pan with a layer of water in the bottom, cook Italian Sausages in the oven. Let the sausages cook with the water simmering it, 40 minutes – 1 hour, when the sausages are cooked, pour the water out and let them brown up slightly. Take them out of the oven and let cool, chop sausages into circular pieces. Set to the side.
• Cook Hash browns on stove until golden brown.
• Cook Bacon on stove, when Bacon is half cooked take off and chop into small pieces, finish cooking bacon.
• Chop up Yellow Pepper, Red Pepper, White Onion, and Chives into desired size pieces
• Mix Sausages, Bacon, Hash browns, Peppers, Onions, and Chives all together. Split mixture in half and put it to the side.
• Preheat oven to 425 Celsius.
• Put one half of the mixture into the glass pan, spreading it out evenly. Grate desired amount of cheddar cheese on top, put other have of mixture on top of the cheddar cheese, spreading it out evenly.
• Crack eggs in a bowl adding ½ a cup of milk, Basil or Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. Stir well.
• Pour the eggs over top of the mixture, when you see the eggs come just slightly over the top of the mixture, you know you have enough.
• Put in oven and bake for 40 minutes – 1 hour, or until you can put a toothpick in and pull out nothing; no juices, nothing stuck to toothpick.
• Pull out and put desired amount of cheddar cheese on top.
• Change oven to broil to melt cheese.
• Pull out and let cool.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-Long time to cook and prepare, well worth it.
-We never measure the seasonings, just a pinch of everything.
-The amount of eggs really depends on the size of your pan, just make sure you use enough to cover the top of the mixture.
Turns around to face you.
Well look who couldn’t stay away! I’m glad to see you back, and ready to try something new. Today I have a recipe me and my partner perfected together, it is amazing as any meal during the day, as well as very filling.
I say this because by the time we are done preparing/cooking it, its usually lunch time.
This dish is big, so its great if you have company, but luckily, it is also amazing as leftovers, so you don’t have to share if you don’t want too. It takes a bit to prepare but it’s definitely worth the effort, we have never had a bad review of this delicious masterpiece, and we hope we can keep that going!
So give this Breakfast Quiche a try and let me know what you thought in the comments!
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.