Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo;
Serves Four, With Leftovers
900g/or 1 Pack of Fettuccine Noodles
1 Jar of Classico Alfredo Sauce; Roasted Garlic
2 Stocks of Broccoli
2 Large Boneless Chicken Breast
Seasoning; Basil or Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Seasoning Salt
• Using a glass pan with a layer of water in the bottom, cook frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts in the oven. Let the chicken cook with the water simmering it, when the chicken is almost cooked, take out of oven and chop into bite size pieces, pour water out of pan, add seasoning to the chicken of your liking; We use; Basil or Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Seasoning Salt. Mix seasonings together (on chicken pieces), and put back in oven to finish cooking chicken.
• Cook Fettuccine Noodles as directed on package
• Chop up broccoli heads into bite size pieces, put broccoli in pot with cold water, let BOIL, about 2 minutes, take off heat, let sit in water until ready to add into fettuccine; drain before adding. (Only cook till ¾ ’s done to keep crispy texture.)
• Cut lemons into fours, for squeezing (Cook up Garlic Toast- If wanted)
• Mix together cooked fettuccine noodles, alfredo sauce, chicken, and broccoli. Stir well.
• Squeeze lemons into mix. Stir well.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-If the chicken isn’t frozen you don’t have to cook it in water.
-We normally use extra lemons, but two is plenty.
WATCH OUT FOR SEEDS!
Hello again, and welcome back! I’m so glad you are enjoying my blog, and I hope you have tried out some of the recipes. Today I give you our pasta dish, that we put together out of our love for broccoli and lemons,… but mostly…
…for our love of pasta! Especially Fettuccine Alfredo! Sometimes we even use 4 lemons depending on how we feel, it makes the dish have this delicious tang to it, and nothing goes better with that, then crunchy broccoli, and garlic toast! Our two year old seems to dig it as much as we do, but it might be because he’s imagining himself eating worms!
The green broccoli, gives the pasta a nice context of color that makes your eyes drool.
Great as leftovers, but the sauce does get soaked up, so its not as saucy after its been refrigerated.
When this dish is made, we always seem to go back for seconds!
Did you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments!
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.