Meatballs – Makes Approx. 30
1 lg Egg
1 Wh. Onion
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 pouch Onion Soup Mix (Dry)
1 cup Crushed Crackers
Seasonings; Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Seasoning Salt.
• Preheat oven to 400 C
• Take Onion and chop it up very finely, or puree it. (I choose to puree it, it ended up being super fast and easy)
• Combine Hamburger, Egg, Minced Garlic, Crushed Crackers, Onion, Onion Soup Mix, and Seasonings; Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Seasoning Salt. Mix together well.
*Make sure you finely crush your crackers (or whatever substitute you choose) down nicely, a food processor works wonders.*
• Roll mixture into balls, (roughly the size of golf balls- maybe a little less) try to keep them all the same size. Put them in a glass pan, leaving room around each one. (We cooked 12 at a time).
• Cook in oven for 10 minutes, then pull the meatballs out of the oven, spread some ketchup on the top of each meatball. Put back in oven, and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until no pink is in the middle.
• When cooked, take meatballs out of oven, and remove them from glass pan, and place on a plate. Let Cool.
• Repeat last three steps until all is rolled and cooked.
MenuDuet’s Notes:In the picture displayed;
-Use any type of cracker you have in your house /or instead of crackers you can also use; Bread Crumbs, Chips, Corn Flakes, etc…
-Make your meatballs however you like, with whatever type of meat you like.
-We just squirt some ketchup on each meatball. (In a glob of sorts.)
-You can put ketchup on the uncooked meatballs right away, and just cook for 30 minutes, but we prefer to let the meat cook a bit before we add the ketchup.
We felt like since we already posted the Meatball Pizza Subs recipe, that we should also just have a recipe, for meatballs. Very tender and full of flavor, with a sweetness from the ketchup, you won’t be expecting, but will make you go back for more.
So enjoy this quick and easy lunch/ or dinner that you can eat by itself, or with sides- such as; mashed potatoes, or spaghetti.
Its also great as leftovers.
Did you like this recipe? What type of things do you add into your meatballs, or what type of meat do you use?
Let us know in the comments!
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.