Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Inspiration: Dinner At The Zoo
3 lg Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Cups Broccoli
1 Cup Carrot
1 Cup Snap Peas
3 Cups Rice
3 Cups Chicken Broth (or Water)
3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth (or Water)
1/2 Cup Honey
1 1/2 Tbsp Water
2 Tsp Cornstarch
• Thaw Boneless Chicken Breasts, then cut them up into small chunks. (Cut about 1-inch strips, then cut those strips, about 1-inch apart.)
• Combine 1 cup Soy Sauce, 4 tbsp Honey, and 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic, and diced Chicken Breasts in a Tupperware container. Mix well, put in fridge. (Stir every hour, until use. 4+ Hours) SEE NOTES.
• Chop 2 cups Broccoli, and 1 cup Carrots into bite size pieces. Put Broccoli, and Carrots into a saucepan, fill with cold water. Put on HIGH heat on stove. Let it come to a boil, when it boils, time 2-3 minutes, and remove completely from heat. SEE NOTES.
• Take your Chicken from the fridge and pour it into an electric frying pan. (Chicken and sauce.) Cook it around 250 C – 300 C, stirring occasionally. (I used a lid a lot to cook the chicken, it simmered nicely in the sauce.) About half way through, add 3 tbsp Minced Garlic, stir. Cook the chicken fully. (Until no pink) Turn off, or keep on LOW heat, when chicken is done.
• Cook 3 cups of Instant Rice, BUT instead of putting in, 3 cups of water, put in 3 cups of Chicken Broth, when it is boiling, put rice in, cover, and let stand. (If not using Instant Rice, cook before you start the meal. (If no Chicken Broth, use Water).
• In a bowl, combine, 1/4 Soy Sauce, 1/4 Chicken Broth (or Water), and 1/2 cup Honey. When adding the Honey, you may have to add it gradually, while mixing it together.
• In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 tbsp Water, and 2 tsp of Cornstarch. Mix together.
• Turn Chicken back on, (if turned off), keep on MED-LOW heat. Drain water from Broccoli and Carrots, add them to Chicken in Frying Pan, and add 1 cup of Snap Peas in the frying pan as well.
• Pour in Soy Sauce Mixture over the Chicken and Vegetables, stir around for about 30 seconds. Pour Cornstarch in the pan, and stir it around, let the sauce come to a boil, and leave it for 1 minute, turn off heat.
• Put Rice on plate, scoop Chicken/Vegetable/Sauce, over the rice.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
– We usually only marinate the Chicken from the Morning, until we are going to cook it that night, but you can marinate it longer. To stir, we usually just shake the container up.
– We cooked the Broccoli and Carrots together int the same saucepan, but you can cook them separately. You can also cook the Snap Peas with the Broccoli and Carrots, it is timed the same.
– Snap Peas, are Peas still in the shell. (You can eat the shell).
*We don’t, but, you can cut these in half if they are too big.*
Why Hello again my hungry followers, today’s special is a little sweet and savory, a delicious treat, for any stir fry lover. Now it may seem like we use a lot of honey, but if you don’t, you won’t taste it, and that’s a big no-no in this house, since we love Honey, not to mention Garlic.
Preparing the marinating part, is a quick 10-15 minutes, depending how fast you can cut chicken, haha and the rest of the meal, is done within an hour. Its pretty fast and easy to make and prepare.
What do you add into your stir fry? Whats your favorite type of meat in stir fry?
Let us know in the comments.
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.