Roasted Honey Garlic Cauliflower
Credit: Kirbie’s Cravings
1 Head of Cauliflower
6 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Garlic, Minced (5 Cloves)
1 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (Chili)
2 tsp Cornstarch
6 tbsp Water
• Preheat oven to 205 C (400 F)
• Take Cauliflower Head, and chop off the stems and leaves, cut the Cauliflower florets into bite sized pieces.
• Put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread your Cauliflower florets out evenly. (So they are not piled on top of each other). Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. (or until soft, but crisp). Take out of oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
While Cauliflower is cooking/cooling, start on the sauce.
• Combine Water, and Cornstarch in a small bowl, until Cornstarch is completely dissolved.
• Combine Honey, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Onion Powder, and Sriracha Sauce, in a cooking pot. Turn on MEDIUM-HIGH heat, stirring occasionally, let come to a low boil.
• When it comes to a low boil, add in your watered Cornstarch, stir until it comes to a low boil again, let sauce thicken. (Cook for approx. 2-3 minutes). Set sauce aside to let cool. (It will thicken more as it cools). You want it warm, but not where it will burn you.
• When you touch the Cauliflower and it doesn’t burn you, you know it is ready. Put it in a large bowl, and pour/coat the Cauliflower with the Honey Garlic sauce. (If the Cauliflower is to hot, it will thin out the sauce.)
• Mix the Cauliflower and sauce together. Once coated, take out of sauce.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-The original recipe called for 4 Garlic Cloves instead of 5, but we like Garlic in this family.
-As the original recipe stats, you can add less Sriracha Sauce (1/2 tbsp – 1 tbsp) if you are worried about the heat. We used 1 tbsp, (I am not to good with heat, but my partner is.) and I did NOT find this too hot with 1 tbsp, but it was close. (Also our 2.5 year old loved it.)
-We left the Cauliflower in the bowl/sauce, for the picture, but I’m pretty sure you are suppose to take the Cauliflower out of the sauce when you go to eat it. (We just used forks and picked the Cauliflower out, heehee).
We absolutely love Cauliflower, and I see nothing but new and exciting recipes containing them all the time, and finally today, we have decided to try one!
Now first we’d like to say that the sauce was delicious, and would be amazing if you let some chicken marinate in it, before cooking it. (Something we will most likely try for fun.)
Second, ..and I hope this doesn’t sound too mean, but the dish itself, though being crazy good, was to much to eat alone, even with the both of us, it was to rich to eat a lot of it, even if we really wanted to. We would recommend it more as a side dish, rather then being the main meal itself, or the only thing to eat. (We made it by itself for lunch, but agreed it would have been better with dinner as a side).
So that being said, we still think you should try out this recipe for yourself, because even though we found the taste a little rich to not have it with something else, it doesn’t mean you will agree with that. The wonderful thing is our taste buds may say one thing, and yours may say another. (So don’t knock it until you try it, haha).
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.