Creamy Bacon Baked Potatoes
2lb small Red Potatoes
1 pk Bacon
4-5 Italian Sausages
5-6 Green Onions
1 1/2 – 2 cups Sour Cream
Seasonings; Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
• Start cooking Sausages, and Bacon. (We used Smoked Maple Bacon). Both can be cooked at the same time if desired, if not, cook one at a time and set off to the side, when done.
• Cook Italian Sausages in the oven. (We did 350 C for 45 minutes – 1 hour.) Let the sausages cook fully, then take them out of the oven and let cool, chop sausages into circular pieces. Set to the side.
• Cook Bacon on stove, when Bacon is half cooked take off and chop into medium size pieces, then finish cooking the bacon. (Left Bacon in bigger sizes so we would taste them more- but you can chop into smaller bit size pieces if desired). Set to the side.
• Preheat oven to 350 C
• Chop small Red Potatoes in to fours, and place in bowl with cold water. When finished chopping potatoes, rinse them in cold water a few times.
• WE DIDN’T DO THIS, BUT… SEE NOTES.
• Chop up Green Onions.
• Combine the Sour Cream, Green Onions, and Potatoes together, mixing it so the potatoes are covered in the sour cream.
• Pour half of the potatoes in a 9″ x 13″ glass pan, spread half of the sausages, and half of the Bacon, on top of the Potato mixture (that’s in the glass pan), then grate a thin layer of Cheddar Cheese on top. Sprinkle Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper over top of the cheese.
• Pour the other half of the potato mixture on top of the cheddar cheese, then add the other half of the sausages and bacon on top of the potato mixture, then sprinkle some Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder over top of the Sausage and Bacon. Grate some cheddar cheese on top. Enough to cover the potatoes, then sprinkle Salt and Pepper over top.
• Cook in oven for approx 25 minutes. Until potatoes are tender but firm, and cheese is melted. Take out of oven. Use paper towel to dab grease of cheese.
• Let stand for 5 – 10 minutes.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-Use any type of Bacon.
-We used 2 cups of Sour Cream, we like it, but some may find its to much.
-WE DIDN’T DO THIS, BUT… You should put the potatoes in a cooking pot, and boil them a little until they get a little bit soft. Our potatoes tasted a bit raw at the end, and we discussed how next time we would boil them a little to soften them up. Or perhaps toss them in some cooking oil, and cook them first in the oven before adding the sour cream and other items.
Hello again, welcome back! Today’s recipe was thought out, based on what we had in the house, we weren’t even sure what we were going to make ourselves. Though after checking out our cupboards and things we decided to throw something together. (At this point, we have yet to name it, but fear not, a name shall be there before we post…hopefully, haha)
During the cooking process, the meal itself smelled absolutely delicious, and we couldn’t wait to try it and see if it tasted as good as it smelled, luckily for us, it tasted amazing. (Even with the potatoes being a bit on the raw side).
Our 2.5 year old gave his seal of approval as well. (He said “Yum”).
So why not give this… Creamy, Bacon, Baked Potatoes a try for yourselves. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.