Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Inspiration: Damn Delicious
3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 pk Bacon
1pk (28g) Ranch Seasoning Mix
4 tbsp Butter
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Parmesan, Grated
450g Fusilli Noodles
1/2 cup Ranch Salad Dressing
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
Parsley (Not Really)
• Cook thawed Boneless Chicken Breasts in the oven, when almost cooked, take out, and cut into bite sized pieces. Put back in glass pan and spread the Ranch Seasoning Mix onto the Chicken, stir. Place Chicken back in oven to finish cooking. Let chicken cook fully, stirring occasionally. SEE NOTES.
• Cook Bacon in a frying pan, while the Chicken is cooking. Cook the bacon about half way, before removing it from the heat, let it cool enough to touch it, then chop it into bite sized pieces. SEE NOTES. Then put the Bacon back on the frying pan, and finish cooking fully.
• Put Butter into a small cooking pot, and place on stove at MEDIUM heat. Let it melt. After the Butter is fully melted, add in your Garlic, and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Whisk in Heavy Cream constantly, until incorporated, then slowly add Parmesan a bit at a time, stirring it in, letting it melt, and thicken. Add more Heavy Cream if sauce is too thick, add salt and pepper to taste. Set to the side.
• Cook Noodles as directed on the package. When fully cooked, drain the water, and put noodles back into your cooking pot, then stir in the Ranch Salad Dressing, coating the noodles in it. SEE NOTES.
• Add the Chicken, and Bacon to the Noodles and stir slightly. (Just enough to evenly mix the three items). Then pour the Noodle Mixture into a oven safe pan. SEE NOTES.
• Pour Sauce Mixture over Noodle Mixture, and stir slightly.
• Grate a small layer of Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese over the top of the noodles. SEE NOTES.
• Preheat oven to 350 C
• Cook Pasta dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes. (Cheese should be melted). Take out of oven, and spread fresh parsley on top. SEE NOTES.
• Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-The pack of ‘Ranch Seasoning Mix’ is fully called; ‘Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix’ but I thought the title was a bit misleading due to the fact we also used ‘Ranch Salad Dressing’ in this recipe.
-For the Heavy Cream, we used, ‘Creamo Half & Half’ but I’ve been told you can also use ‘Whole Milk (3.25%)’ or ‘Whipping Cream’
-Best replacement for Fusilli Noodles (If you can’t find them), would be Rotini Noodles.
-When we cut our Chicken into bite sized pieces, sometimes we’ll cut one Chicken Breast into much smaller pieces so the taste is more spread out, then we will cut the other two into bigger “bite sized” pieces, so you can see what you are eating, and get more flavor out of the bigger piece.
-We left the Bacon in bigger pieces, because then you really taste it. I just picked them up and ripped them into chunks with my hands.
-Not enough dressing? Add in another 1/2 cup of Salad Dressing to the noodles OR buy an extra pack of the Ranch Seasoning and add some into the noodles and Salad Dressing.
-We use a deep tin foil roasting pan, 9 1/2” x 7”
-Instead of buying a block of Cheddar, and a Block of Mozzarella, you can always buy Marbled Cheese. We also did a thin layer of Parmesan Cheese, in between the Cheddar and Mozzarella.
-You don’t really need to add Parsley, it just looks nice with the green on top, it does nothing flavor wise.
We haven’t done a pasta dish in quite awhile, so we thought it would be nice to whip something up. Well after a bit on Pinterest, I came across a recipe that sounded to yummy not to try! Behold, the Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, honestly though, I don’t know if this is considered as a casserole or not, but today it is. I know there are a lot of notes on this recipe, but in reality, more information is usually better then less information, especially if you are new to cooking.
We thought it tasted enough like Ranch, but if you are a big lover of it, we added some notes on where you could add more of it, and if you can’t have cheese, you could most likely skip it all together, except the bit of Parmesan Cheese in the Sauce.
Overall really tasted great, very filling, can’t wait to see how it tastes as leftovers.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.