Credit: Cook Your Food1
3 cups Warm Water
1/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
1/3 cup Oil
1 tbsp Salt
6-8 cups Flour
• Combine Warm Water, Sugar, and Active Dry Yeast together in a medium mixing bowl. Set to the side for 10 minutes. Should be bubbly and frothy.
• Add the oil, and salt to the yeast mixture.
• Add 6 cups of Flour to the mixture, and start kneading the dough.
• Add the remaining 2 cups of flour as needed. Some indicators you don’t need anymore flour are the dough starts pulling away from the sides of the bowl while mixing, also your dough should be smooth, elastic-y, and slightly sticky to the touch.
• After the dough is kneaded, and all the ingredients incorporated. Split the dough in half, and put in two separate loaf pans. Punching the dough down, so it covers the pan evenly.
• Let dough rise in loaf pans until they are doubled in size.
• Preheat oven to 325C
• Cook bread side by side in oven, for 10 minutes. Pull loafs out. (Make sure tops are firm). Use parchment paper and spread butter over the top of the loafs.
Put loafs back in oven and bake for another 8-15 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
• Pull loafs out of oven and let cool until able to pull the loafs out, and let cool completely on wire racks.
MenuDuet’s Notes:In the picture displayed;
-If the yeast doesn’t turn bubbly and frothy, do that part over again.
Nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread in the morning, especially when there are so many different ways to eat it! Toast it and add jam, cut thick slices and make French Toast, or simply spread some butter on it and warm it up in the microwave.
It may have been because the temperature has been quite warm lately outside, and we don’t have our A/C hooked up, but the dough rose really fast, which is nice because who like waiting for baked goods anyways, heehee.
We absolutely loved this recipe, and we will be making this from now on, instead of buying bread from the store. It was soft, thick and chewy, and had us going back for more! There is nothing like homemade bread. ❤
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.