5 lg Potatoes
7 Eggs, Hard Boiled
1/2 Bushel Radishes
3 Celery Sticks
1 Bushel Green Onions
2 cups Mayonnaise/Miracle Whip
• Peel all the Potatoes, then chop them up into bite sized pieces, place in cold water, in cooking pot. Turn the potatoes on HIGH. Let them boil, until tender enough to bite through. When the potatoes are done, take off heat, drain the water. Place in large bowl or container. Cool too room temperature.
• Place your eggs in a cooking pot with cold water in it. (Have the water at least 1-inch above the eggs). Turn eggs on HIGH, let come to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove the eggs from the heat, drain the water and run cold water into the cooking pot, let the eggs cool in the cold water until able to peel them. Slightly cut them into chucks.
• Finely chop the Celery Sticks, Radishes, and Green Onions. SEE NOTES.
• In the potatoes, (in the large bowl or container). Add 1 & 1/2 cups of Mayonnaise, Finely chopped Radishes, Celery, Green Onions, and the Eggs. Stir until everything is mixed evenly.
• Place in fridge and let cool. SEE NOTES.
• Salt & Pepper.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-When doing the Radishes, cut them into circles the width of slivers, then cut those circles into fours.
-Add the other 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise later on before serving, because most will be absorbed while it cools in the fridge.
-We use Miracle Whip.
Welcome back friends! We have another first for our blog here today, Introducing Salad! Well not “salad, salad” but still it’s pretty darn tasty!
I know everyone thinks there moms food is the best, but there has never been another Potato Salad I have ever liked, other then this one! Also, my partner isn’t a very big fan of Potato Salad, due to a bad experience back in his younger days, but he can not get enough of this recipe! Sadly we couldn’t keep asking my mom to make it for us forever, so we had to ask for the recipe, and with her blessing, we were able to share it all with all of you!!
We really like that the mayonnaise isn’t over powering, there is just enough to make it fantastic without thinking it was over used. It’s great as a side dish for dinner, as well as just eating it for lunch. Great as leftovers, and easy to store, just keep it in the fridge.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.