Pizza Bites – Makes approx 30
Inspiration (Dough): Belly Full
1 1/2 cup Warm Water
3 tsp Active Dry Yeast
2 tsp Sugar
4 cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tbsp Butter, Melted
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
Garlic Powder, Sprinkle
3 cups Marbled Cheese, Grated
• Combine Warm Water, Sugar and Active Dry Yeast together in your standard mixing bowl, make sure you have a dough hook. Set to the side for 10 minutes. Until bubbly and frothy.
• Add the Salt, Garlic Powder, Butter- Melted, (2 cups) Flour to the yeast mixture, and start kneading the dough. 2nd Speed.
• Add the remaining 2 cups of flour, and the Olive Oil to the mixture, and continue kneading on 2nd speed. You will get a wet sticky dough. (If your dough is to dry, add a tsp of water at a time, until where you want it).
• When all ingredients are incorporated, place to the side for an hour, in a lightly greased bowl, drizzled lightly with some more Olive Oil. Cover the dough with a towel and let sit until doubled its sized. (Approx 1 hour).
• Gently knead your dough, before rolling it out. Take a circle cutter and cut a bunch of circles out of the dough. SEE NOTES.
• Preheat oven to 350 C, line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper.
• With the palm of your hand, flatten out the circle of dough, spread (1/2-1 tsp) pizza sauce on the flattened pieces, sprinkle some garlic powder on the sauce, place (3, small) slices of Pepperoni, then sprinkle cheese on top.
• Place in oven for approx 15 minutes. Until bottoms of pizza bites are golden brown. SEE NOTES.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-If the yeast doesn’t turn bubbly and frothy, do that part over again.
-We used Canola Oil, we didn’t have Olive Oil.
-To oil our hands, when touching sticky dough, we just sprayed Pam on them.
-We didn’t have a circular cookie cutter, so we used a 1/3 cup and made circles with that.
-Pinch the edges to form a crust – We didn’t do this.
-We used Roasted Garlic/Herb Pizza Sauce, choose whatever one you like most.
-We used approx 1/2 tsp of pizza sauce on every bite.
-We used Turkey Pepperoni. (Accident, but still tasted great).
-We had our oven rack closer to the top, and we didn’t have our top element on, while making these).
-If you run out of Pepperoni, just make cheese pizzas.
-Sprinkled Parsley on top for looks, not taste.
Yahoo! Time for another recipe! Today we got the bright idea of making some Pizza Bites, since we all love pizza so much, and thought we’d try making our own dough for once. Side Note: This Pizza Dough recipe would go great with our other pizza recipes; Chicken Alfredo Pizza and Pepperoni Pizza ; they didn’t have a dough recipe included. Just be warned, this recipe will only make enough dough for 1 large pizza.
These were just perfect for lunch, and our house smells like a pizzeria! Of course you could add lots of different topping to these, but we wanted to keep them simple. Our 2.5 year old loved these, and the dough was really tasty!
They make a lot, so make sure you are hungry, but they are also great as a snack when company is over, no matter there age.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.