Cucumber Bites with Garlic Herb Filling
Credit: Annie’s Eats
1 pk Garlic Herb Boursin Cheese
2-3 tbsp Heavy Cream
• Peel cucumber partially, giving it strips down the sides, alternating between peeled and unpeeled. (Or peel completely if desired).
• Slice the cucumber into 1/2 inch thick slices. Then gently scoop out a bit of the center, where the seeds are, making a little bowl-hole, for the cheese to sit in.
• Place the Boursin Cheese in a small bowl, and add (2 tbsp) of Heavy Cream. Stir with a fork until lightened and smooth. Add in additional tsp of heavy cream until the mixture is good piping consistency.
• Grab a piping bag and decorative tip, and scoop the cheese into the bag, then pipe a dollop of cheese onto each cucumber slice.
• Serve/Enjoy. (Or chill in fridge).
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We didn’t think it was very garlic-y and will try pouring some garlic juice in the cheese mixrure next time.
-Our cucumbers cuts are all different sizes. Haha, Oops.
-You could probably get away with piping the cheese on top without actually scooping any cucumber out.
-The cheese starts melting right away, so get eating, or chill in fridge until ready to serve. Original recipe says you can chill up to 6 hours before serving… we ate them right away.
-Pepper on top of ours, partner said he would actually have added a bit more pepper.
These were little slices of paradise, delicious cheese on top of cucumber, it reminded me of when I use to dip cucumbers in herb and garlic cream cheese.
Both of us agreed, and remember we are garlic lovers, that we should have added some of our minced garlic juices to the cheese, because we didn’t find it garlic-y enough. Other then that, we wish we had more cheese for our other two cucumbers.
These are great as a snack, lunch, or even appetizers! We ate the whole dish in 5 minutes, so they didn’t last long here, and no one else got to taste them either, so we will definitely be making them again. (Still not sure if we will share though, haha)
Making the dish was 10 minutes max, it is absolutely simple, such an easy treat! Can’t wait to make again and again! Great for hot days!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.