Inspiration: No Biggie
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Icing Sugar
1-2 tbsp Milk
• Preheat oven to 350 C, line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
• Combine Sugar, (1 cup) Peanut Butter, and Egg in a bowl, and cream together.
• Scoop out 1 inch dough balls, and slightly roll them into a log shape, SEE NOTES. (Opt. Sugar). Then place it on your cookie sheet and with a fork press down with the back of the fork, then do it again, in the opposite direction, to make a criss-cross pattern on top of the cookie, then with your fingers, slightly squeeze the sides a bit, to make the peanut shape.
• Bake for 12 minutes, then remove from oven and let sit on cookie tray for additional 1-2 minutes. SEE NOTES.
• Combine (1/4 cup) Peanut Butter, and Butter into a medium bowl, with a hand mixer, mix the two items together. Than gradually add the Icing Sugar into the Butter mixture, and mix until completely incorporated. Finally add in the Milk, a tablespoon at a time, until it is the right consistency for you.
• Spread approx a tablespoon of the filling onto the bottom of a cookie, then stick another cookie on it, creating a sandwich type cookie.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-Our cookies were much bigger then 1 inch scoops… my bad. Haha (King-Sized).
-Opt. Roll the dough logs in some sugar- we didn’t do this, but it was mentioned in the original recipe.
-Unless you are planning to eat them right away, I’d wait until the cookies are completely cooled before putting the filling in, otherwise, it will melt and spill out the edges.
-We didn’t measure, we just spread some filling on all the cookies, then stuck them together.
These were surprisingly very tasty! It tasted like a regular peanut butter cookie, but just when you thought you were going to get dry mouth, this creamy, subtle taste comes in, and its pure joy. Very delicious, despite my problem of not measuring proper amounts out, resulting in huge cookies.
We have already decided these are worth making again, and should be added to our recipe book, so we hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Did you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments!
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.