Hissy Fit Dip
Credit: Plain Chicken
2 pks Bacon
1 tbsp Worcester Sauce
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1 cup Velveeta Cheese, Shredded
1pk (28g) Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
2 cups (500ml) Sour Cream
• Preheat the oven to 350 C. Spray a 9×9″ glass pan with non stick spray. Set to the side.
• Take your thawed Bacon and cut it into four’s. (Cut it in half, then cut each of those halves, into halves. This will give you 4 bacon bit chunks out of one strip of bacon.)
• Cook your Bacon completely, then take it out of the grease (dab with Paper towel) then put in your 9×9 cooking glass pan.
• Combine all other ingredients with the bacon, stir together.
• Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until dish is bubbly. Take out of oven.
• Let stand for 5 minutes.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-Original Recipe; Couldn’t find Velveeta cheese, had the “Boursin Cheese, Basil & Chives” in the fridge anyways, so decided to try it out. (Used the whole pack… 150g)
-If you add extra cheddar cheese, it will turn a bit oily in the center.
-For the bacon it might be a good idea to chop one pack into smaller bits to make the dip seem like it has more then it really does….
We were looking for something different to snack on while we had our movie night, and low and behold we come across this scrumptious looking dip, that we just had to try! After heading to the grocery store and not being able to find any Velveeta Cheese, we decided to use the Boursin Cheese we already had in the fridge, and that went the same for the orange cheddar cheese, we decided to use a marbled cheese instead since that’s what we prefer.
The whole recipe was super simple, and it tasty pretty great too, makes me wish I got to try it with the Velveeta cheese instead! Hope I’m not missing out on anything, but luckily this was just as tasty! (Though a little much between just the two of us, thinking it would be great to bring at the next b-day party).
It has a nice creamy texture and taste which isn’t over powering and that allows you to munch out until your hearts content!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.