Potato Soup (Slow Cooker)
Credit: Gimmie Some Oven
7-8 Medium Yellow/Gold Potatoes
1 pk Bacon
1/2 large White/or Yellow Onion,
4 cups Chicken Broth
4 tbsp Bacon Grease
1/3 cup Flour
375ml Evaporated Milk
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1/2 cup Sour Cream, Low-Fat
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
• Dice the Potatoes and Onion into small bite size pieces. (Set aside).
• Cut thawed Bacon into small bite size pieces, then cook Bacon fully. (Save Grease).
• Combine diced Potatoes, Onions, Bacon, and Chicken Broth in your slow cooker (Crock Pot). Set on High and leave for 3-4 hours.
• When three hours are up, heat up your Bacon Grease, on a MED-HIGH heat, add in the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Add in can of Evaporated Milk. Whisk until smooth.
• Add the Milk mixture into the Potatoes. Then add in Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Salt and Pepper. Stir well.
• Turn the slow cooker/crock pot down to LOW and let settle for 5 minutes, stir.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-I opened and stirred the Potato Mixture once every hour. (Three Stirs).
-Original Recipe says “This recipe does not freeze well. Good for 3 days in fridge.”
-Add some extra cheese or bacon on top when finished, if desired.
We love Potato Soup in this family, and we were itching to find a recipe that could compete with my partners grandma’s potato soup. (Hard time finding her secret ingredient). After no luck we decided to try this recipe we found, and boy was it a success!!
Great combination of flavors with the onions and bacon, a nice creamy soup that is heavy and filling. Great for cold nights.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.