1 & 2/3 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butter, Softened
1/2 cup Wh. Sugar
1/4 cup Br. Sugar, Packed
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 can (8 oz / 237ml) Pineapple, Crushed & Juice
3/4 cup Butter, Softened
6 tbsp Coconut Milk, Canned (Shake Well)
2-4 cups Powdered/Icing Sugar
• Preheat oven to 350 C, and line a 12 cup muffin tin, with cupcake liners.
• Combine Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in a bowl, and whisk together.
• Add Butter to your electric mixer bowl, and beat on MEDIUM speed until creamed. Then add the White Sugar, and Brown Sugar to the butter, and beat on MEDIUM speed for 3 minutes.
• On a LOW speed add in the Vanilla Extract, and Eggs, ONE AT A TIME. Make sure you beat each ingredient in well, before adding the next one.
• Add in the Pineapple (crushed) and Juice, and mix until combined.
• Fill the cupcake liners with the cupcake mix 2/3’s of the way full.
• Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, let cool in tins for 5 minutes, before removing them. Let cool completely.
• Combine Butter and Coconut Milk together in a deep bowl until creamy and smooth.
• Add in 2 cups of the Powdered Sugar, and mix until incorporated.
• Add in the remaining two cups, one cup at a time, beating at a MED-LOW speed, beat until Icing Sugar is completely moistened, then turn the speed up to MED-HIGH and beat until it is smooth and creamy.
• Use a butter knife to spread the Frosting on the cupcakes, or fill a bag and use any tip to give your icing a swirl.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We didn’t combine any of the dry ingredients, when it was time to incorporate them, we just started with 1/2 a cup of flour, then did the Baking Powder, then Salt, then finished off with the rest of the flour. We thought; No need dirtying an extra bowl. In all mixed in really nicely.
-We used Pineapple Tidbits and they tasted just as good.
I remember making Pineapple Muffins back in High School and I remembered how much I loved them, so I went out in search of a recipe that would compare. Not being able to find what I was looking for, I came across this Pineapple Cupcake recipe and thought we could give it a go.
So with the help of my partner, we whipped up some cupcakes and frosting, and boy were they tasty! Not how I remember it, but still delicious none the less. The frosting was very good, and I could see us using it again for sure! Our 2.5 year old ate one before I even got a picture out!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.