French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
Credit: Tastes Better From Scratch
8-10 Sausage Links, Cooked
8-10 Bread, Slices
1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Flour
• Cook the Sausage Links fully. Set to the side. SEE NOTES.
• Take one bread slice at a time, and cut off the crust. (Only cut off the sides and top, you can leave the bottom on.) Take your rolling pin, and one at a time, flatten out the bread slices as much as you can.
• Roll one Sausage Link in each Bread Slice, tight like a taquito.
• In a shallow container combine the Eggs, Milk, Vanilla Extract, Sugar, Cinnamon and Flour, than whisk them together thoroughly.
• Preheat a(n) (electric) frying pan to 200C – 250C, grease well with Butter.
• Roll the Sausage rolled in Bread in egg mixture, coating all sides, place on frying pan.
• Cook until lightly brown on all four sides.
• Top as desired – butter, syrup, whip cream, berries, etc.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-If the Sausage Links are really long, you can cut them in half and use one link for two bread slices.
As you all know, we love French Toast! So when I saw this recipe I knew we had to try it. I didn’t even end up topping my share with anything, just ate it as is, since it was sweet on its own. (Not saying it wouldn’t be more delicious with toppings like syrup, just saying I was to hungry to care). Though my partner liked it more with Syrup.
Did you like this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.