Slow Oven Roasted Pulled Pork
Credit: Tidy Mom
4-7 lb Pork Butt Roast with Bone, (uncured)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
3-4 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp Cumin, Ground
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Oregano
2 tbsp Salt
2 tbsp Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 cups Water
• Preheat oven to 300 C
• Rinse the roast and pat it dry. Place it in your (oven) roaster.
• In a food processor blend the Brown Sugar, Garlic, Cumin, Chili Powder, Oregano, Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt and Pepper, then rub it all over the roast, make sure to get in all the folds.
• Pour the Water in the bottom of the roaster, place lid on top and cook in oven for 4-6 hours. Turning every hour, until it is fully cooked.
• When it’s fork tender, remove the lid, and turn the oven up to 400 C for 15-20 minutes. (Skin side up).
• Take the roast out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes.
• Place the roast on a plate, and shred the roast with two forks. Remove and discard the bone.
• Pour the leftover juice on top of the shredded pork.
• Eat as is, or, grab a bun, throw on your favorite BBQ sauce, add the pulled pork. Eat as a sandwich.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-Used a cured ham because that’s what we had, it came out a little salty. (So if you use a cured ham, use less salt in the rub.)
-We used Italiano Seasoning, because we didn’t have any Oregano.
-We don’t have a food processor, so we used our baby bullet.
-Cured ham has a pink color too it.
This pulled pork was absolutely delicious, juicy and melt in your mouth good. It was so easy to make, pulling it out of the fridge in the morning, blending the rub together, and popping it in the oven for the day, and it makes your whole house smell yummy all day!
We used a cured ham, but we believe it would be even better if we had used an uncured (fresh) ham, but we just used what we had in the fridge. If you use a cured ham, use less salt, because it is already salty enough.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.