2 cups Tater Tots
1/4 cup Jalapeno Pepper/or Gr. Onions
1 pk Bacon
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
• Preheat oven to 400 C. Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper.
• Defrost the frozen Tater Tots in the microwave for 6-8 minutes.
• While the Tater Tots are defrosting, dice the Green Onions/or Jalapeno Pepper into small pieces. (Also dice up any other vegetables you may have to add.)
• Cris-cross the Bacon, into a netting like fashion, to make a sturdy jacket for the roll-up. Lay about 6 pieces of Bacon down in a vertical pattern, then on top of those 6 pieces, one at a time, weave the rest of the bacon across in a horizontal pattern. The trick is if you start on the left to weave on, with the first piece of bacon, than on the next piece, start on the right, and weave with the opposite original pieces of bacon to make a sturdy bacon net.
• Combine the Tater Tots, Green Onions/or Jalapeno Peppers, and Egg together in a bowl. Then spread the Tater Tot mixture over the Bacon jacket, don’t go right to the edge of the bacon. Spread the shredded Cheddar Cheese over top of the Tater Tots. Roll everything tightly up into the Bacon, making a sushi like wrap. Place it on the cookie sheet.
• Place in oven for 50 minutes – 1 hour.
• Take out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then slice the Roll-up into individual pieces.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We used Green Onions (Chives) instead of Jalapeno Peppers, because we didn’t want it to hot for our son.
-Easier with four hands when rolling it up. (No worries still possible to do by yourself).
This recipe has everything you are looking for to please your breakfast craving, because the best thing about it, is you can always add different food to it. Sausage, Ham, Red Peppers, Mushrooms, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper, the sky is the limit! Just make sure to dice up the food into small pieces, and remember, this is a recipe you can have fun with.
We both enjoyed this recipe, as it had all the deliciousness of breakfast, rolled into one, and our 2.5 year old approved of this recipe, as he ate a piece all to himself.
We can’t wait to try adding new things to it, to make it even better!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.