Baked Potato Casserole
Credit: Mom Always Finds Out
1 pk Bacon
Butter, & Milk (To mash potatoes)
2 tbsp Herb And Garlic Cream Cheese
250 ml Sour Cream
1/2 cup Green Onions
1/4 cup Real Bacon Bits
1 tsp Bouillon Chicken Base
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
• Cut the thawed Bacon into bite size pieces, then cook Bacon fully in a frying pan. Drain the grease, and set to the side.
• Peel the potatoes, (or don’t if that’s what you prefer), then make mashed potatoes on the stove top – this is where you will use the Milk and Butter.
• Preheat the oven to 350C. Spray a 9″ x 13″ glass dish with non stick spray.
• In the mashed potatoes, combine; Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, 1/4 cup of Green Onions, Bacon, Bouillon Chicken Base, Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, Salt and Pepper. Mix thoroughly. SEE NOTES.
• Spread the Potato mixture evenly in the glass dish. Place in oven, and cook for 25 minutes.
• Take Casserole out of the oven and spread 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese over the top. (Made need more cheese – Use enough cheese to cover the top). Then spread remaining Green Onions, and Bacon Bits (or leftover Bacon) on top of the cheese, and place back in the oven.
• Cook for approx 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
• Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Use paper towel to soak some of the cheese grease off the top.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We used Maple Bacon.
-If you don’t want to use Bacon Bits, save 1/3 of the Bacon you cooked, and use that instead.
-We peeled our potatoes, but it would work even if you didn’t.
-Our cooked bacon was in bigger chunks, then the Bacon Bits you see spread on top.
Considering how big of a mashed potato fan I am, I absolutely loved this dish! Luckily for me, my partner in cooking and our little chief – who helped by sampling, both devoured there plates as well. Which tells me, I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed it.
This recipe was a bit time consuming with the Bacon and Potatoes, but if you time it right you could have both going at once. The nice thing is we won’t have to make lunch tomorrow because it made so much we were able to save leftovers!
If you are a potato fan, you should definitely try this yummy-ness out!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.