Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Credit: Serious Eats
2 cups Pumpkin Seeds
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 tbsp Seasoning Salt
• Gut two pumpkins, collect all the seeds.
• Combine Seeds, Olive Oil, and Seasoning Salt in a bowl. Stir until mixed evenly.
• Preheat oven to 350C. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
• Spread seeds evenly over the tin foil.
• Cook in oven for 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, stir the pumpkin seeds, then spread them evenly again, until 30 minutes are up.
• After 30 minutes, take the seeds out of the oven.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-You can use Melted Butter instead of Olive Oil.
-If you don’t like Seasoning Salt, try different toppings, like Salt and Pepper.
-We didn’t measure how many seeds we got, we used as many as two big pumpkins would give us, looked to be 2 cups, maybe 2 and a half.
We wanted to do something for Halloween and since we already had seeds from carving pumpkins we thought this was the way to go.
30 minutes were spot on for time, the seeds were perfectly baked, and were light and crunchy.
Definitely loved these and would make them again and again! Even our 3 year old munched on a bowl full.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.