Parmesan Tomato Zucchini Bake
Credit: The Nutritionist Reviews
2 med Zucchini
2 med Yellow Squash
5 med Tomatoes
3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
3/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Italiano Seasonings
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• Preheat the oven to 375 C. Pull out a oven safe, 9″ x 13″ glass dish.
• Slice the Zucchini, Squash, and Tomatoes, in equal size and thickness. Then in the glass dish, alternate the three items, until you make three rows. SEE NOTES.
• Over top of the three rows, evenly sprinkle the Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italiano Seasonings, Parmesan Cheese, and Black Pepper.
• Place the dish in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. (We used the whole 30 minutes).
• Take out of oven, and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We couldn’t find yellow squash, so we used Butternut squash, very delicious.
(We only need to by one Butternut Squash because it was so big, we cut it into 5 long strips and cut slices from each strip). We took the seeds out.
-The reason why its so many tomatoes and they are a smaller size, is because when you slice them up, you will want them about the same size as the Zucchini and Squash slices. A large tomato would have to big of slices to match the other two.
-For our rows, we started with Zucchini, and ended with Tomato.
We can’t even remember the last time we had, or tried, Zucchini and Squash, but this combination of flavors was amazing! We absolutely loved this, in fact it was so good, we devoured the whole thing between the two of us, as a Lupper (Lunch-Supper) or is in Linner? (Lunch-Dinner).
Either way, for something we were hesitant on, it turned out to be great, and we have already talked about making it again.
The slicing is a bit time consuming, and the Butternut Squash was a bit of a pain in that area, but at least you don’t have to peel any of the ingredients. (We tried the Butternut Squash- half with skin, and half without, and honestly both taste good, so why make extra work by peeling it).
Over all it was a great meal, and we are glad we tried it, this is definitely a recipe you will want to keep.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.