Buffalo Chicken Pull-apart
2 cups Chicken Breast, Shredded
1 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
2 1/2 cups Pepper Jack Cheese
1/4 cup Gr. Onions
1-2 Pillsbury Pizza Dough
1/2 cup Butter
• Cook chicken fully. Shred it by hand or with two forks.
• Preheat oven to 350 C.
• Combine shredded Chicken, (1 cup) Buffalo Sauce, Green Onions, and (1 & 1/4 cups) of Pepper Jack Cheese in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
• Unroll pizza dough and make two cuts the long way, and four cuts the short way. It should equal out to 15 pieces. SEE NOTES.
• Melt the butter and brush it evenly over each dough piece. Then use the leftover butter to brush your bread loaf pan with.
• Put a tablespoon of the chicken mixture onto each piece of pizza dough. Sprinkle some cheese on top of each pile of chicken mixture.
• Stack the dough on top of each other and lay it down on its side in the bread loaf pan. Until all 15 pieces are in.
• Pour the remaining (1/2 cup) Buffalo Sauce over top of the food in the bread loaf pan. Then sprinkle some cheese on top.
• Cook in oven for 40-50 minutes, the top will be a nice golden brown color.
• Let sit for 5 minutes. Add some green onions on top, if you’d like.
• Serve/Enjoy. Great to dip in Ranch or Caesar. (Though we didn’t use dip this time).
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-You may only need 1 pizza dough, but it’s good to have two, in case your cuts are wrong, or some pieces are smaller. You will have dough to throw away if you use two.
-We used Monterey Jack Cheese, because we couldn’t find Pepper Jack.
-This dish is spicy, best to serve with lots of people. (Unless you are a big spice fan).
We loved this! The only problem, it was way to spicy for me, luckily my partner could handle it. Though even though it was spicy, I was able to eat two pieces before I had to call it quits. This is definitely a great dish to serve when company is over since everyone would probably only be able to handle a small piece. Our 3 year old couldn’t handle the Buffalo Sauce, so he didn’t even try the dish when it was done.
A bit messy to put together but the taste made it worth it. Takes awhile to cook since you have to cook chicken first, then the dish itself, so I wouldn’t say this dish is fast to make, but it would still fall under my easy category, since it didn’t take much to throw everything together.
Overall if you love spice, you will love this! Of course there are ways to make it less spicy; use a milder buffalo sauce, and a milder cheese, and it most likely won’t be as spicy… but what fun is that?
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.