Dill Pickle Dip
1 1/2 cups Cream Cheese, Softened
5-6 tbsp Pickle Juice
1/3 cup Dill Pickles, Finely Chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Dill, Chopped
• In a mixing bowl, put in the cream cheese, mix it until it is softened, then add in Pickle Juice. SEE NOTES.
• Chop up Dill Pickles finely, until you have enough; (1/3 cup). Then chop up the Fresh Dill. Add both to the cream cheese mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
• Cover with Plastic Wrap and refrigerated for 30 minutes.
• When 30 minutes are up, if you want you can add some fresh dill on top, or bigger pieces of dill pickle on top for decoration.
• Serve/Enjoy. (We ate these with ruffle plain chips- but you could also spread it on crackers, or use it to dunk vegetables, like cucumber, or carrots).
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We used 6 tbsp’s of the Pickle Juice.
-When you add the pickle juice to the cream cheese it will look runny, don’t worry, it will thicken back up in the fridge.
-The longer it sits the more dill pickle-y it tastes. (After a half hour I thought it wasn’t enough flavor, but after an hour it had more flavor.
We enjoyed this dip, it tasted great with the ruffle chips we bought, and it did thicken up like it said it would after it spent some time in the fridge. It wasn’t over powering in Dill Pickle taste either, it had a nice blend to it. The longer it sits, the more dill pickle taste it has.
Though next time we try this recipe, we are going to do it with Sour Cream as well. (Maybe 3/4 cup of Cream Cheese, and 3/4 cup of Sour Cream next time). I can’t tell you at this moment if it would make it taste better or worse, but its just a personal preference that we are going to act on.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.