Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
Credit: Complete Recipes
1 can (281ml) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup White Onion, Chopped
2 cups Broccoli
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Salt & Pepper
• Preheat oven to 350 C, grease 9″ x 13″ glass dish.
• Dice the White Onion, and Broccoli. Grate/Shred the Cheddar Cheese.
• Combine Mushroom Soup, Mayonnaise, Egg, and White Onion in a bowl, mix thoroughly.
• Then add The Broccoli and Cheese a little at a time, folding them into the Soup mix.
• Spread the mixture into the glass dish. Sprinkle Paprika, Salt and Pepper on top.
• Cook in oven for 45 minutes.
• Pull out of oven and let sit for 2-5 minutes.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We used Pam cooking spray to grease the glass dish.
-We used Miracle Whip
-Didn’t use Paprika because the store was sold out.
Wow! Honestly I didn’t think I was going to like this recipe, (since I hate mushrooms and all), but it was super yummy! You couldn’t even tell they were there! I also thought 1 cup of cheese wouldn’t be enough, but it was just perfect! Only thing we both agreed, that we would change is adding more broccoli! Even if it was 1 more cup, (making 3 cups in total).
On our second helping we stuck the mixture in between two pieces of buttered toast, making it into a sandwich, (since we didn’t make anything else for dinner, and it wasn’t quite filling enough), and it was super amazing tasting! Though this recipe would make a great side dish along some pork chops!
If you want the dish thicker, (because it is quite thin in a 9″x13″ dish, I recommend using a 8″ x 8″ glass dish instead. Though the thinner spread is amazing on buttered toast!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.