Credit: Great Grub, Delicious Treats
2 cups Butterscotch Morsels (chips)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter, Smooth
4 cups Corn Flakes
• Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. Set to the side.
• In a large frying pan, melt the Butterscotch Chips (Morsels), on a LOW heat.
• When they are completely melted, stir in the Peanut Butter, mix well, until both are completely melted and incorporated together.
• Take off heat and mix in the Corn Flakes. Make sure to coat them well in the Peanut/Butterscotch mixture.
• When the Corn Flakes are nicely coated in the mixture, use a spoon and drop onto wax paper by the spoonful. (Add decorative topping if desired, like sprinkles).
• Place cookie sheets in the fridge for roughly 45 minutes.
• Serve/Enjoy. (If keeping them, put them in an air tight container and store in fridge).
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-Butterscotch “Morsels” are just butterscotch chips. They are located where you would find chocolate chips.
-We melted the Butterscotch chips on heat setting “2” on our stove top. (LOW).
I remember eating something along this line as a kid, so when we came across this recipe I knew we had to try it out. It was super easy to make, and took less then 20 minutes to do everything, (Other then the cooling part, obviously). We wondered about melting the butterscotch chips in the microwave to make everything faster, but figured the original recipe poster, had a good reason not to do this, especially when they melted everything on a low heat.
The taste was delicious, not to sweet, the butterscotch and peanut butter mixed together nicely, and who doesn’t love a good crunch when you are snacking? It made around 20 so you may want to have people to share it with, unless you have a sweet tooth. (Who doesn’t have a sweet tooth around this time of year though).
Overall, we loved it, and will be making it again!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.