Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Credit: Brooklyn Farm Girl
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Butter, Softened
1 cup (8oz) Cream Cheese
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 1/4 cups Flour
1 cup Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
• Preheat oven to 375 C. Spray cookie sheet(s) with non stick spray.
• In a standard mixing bowl, cream together, Sugar, Butter, Cream Cheese, Egg, and Vanilla Extract. (About 3 minutes).
• When its creamed, add in Salt, and Baking Powder. Add the Flour in gradually, when it is thoroughly mixed, move the bowl aside.
• Using a teaspoon, scoop out dough and drop them onto the cookie sheet(s). Then with the back of the spoon, (or your fingers) slightly push dough down to flatten it.
• Put in oven, (one cookie sheet at a time), and bake for 9-11 minutes. The cookies will start to show a light brown color on the bottoms, and the tops will look slightly cracked.
• When done, take out of oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 2-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
• When the cookies are completely cooled. Make the icing…
• In a bowl combine the Icing Sugar/(Powdered Sugar) and Milk together, mix well.
• Brush the icing over top of each cookie, and add some sprinkles for decoration.
• Serve/Enjoy. (If keeping them, put them in an air tight container and store in fridge).
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-We used Pam, non stick spray.
-We used the full 11 minutes every time.
-When doing the icing, make sure to put the sprinkles on before the icing hardens.
-We used our meat sauce brush to brush the icing onto the cookies, we started out dipping them, but it was taking to much of the icing. You may not have enough icing for all the cookies. We had 8 plain ones left, which our kid happily gobbled down.
If you like Sugar cookies then this is the cookie for you! It’s just as yummy as a regular sugar cookie, with a softness of cream cheese flavor, giving you the impression of having a Cheese Cake Cookie. (Well not quite, but you get the drift).
The recipe was very simple to make, only taking about 10 minutes to make the dough, the longest part was baking them, since we only did one cookie sheet at a time, and this batch makes around 45 cookies.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.