Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse
Credit: Smiling Notes
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 3/4 cups Greek Yogurt
• Pour the Milk into a saucepan, and place it on the stove top. Cook at a LOW heat (We cooked it on 3), until the milk becomes warm. Make sure the milk doesn’t come to a boil.
• When the milk is warm, add in the Chocolate Chips, stir them in the milk until they melt.
• When the Chocolate Chips are melted, take the Chocolate Milk off the heat, and let rest for 3-5 minutes. (We rested ours for the whole 5 minutes).
• Combine the Vanilla Extract, Honey, and Greek Yogurt, into the Chocolate Milk mixture. Mix thoroughly until there are no chunks.
• Pour the mixture into individual serving bowls. (We used one bowl as it was just for us). Place them in the fridge for 2 hours. SEE NOTES.
• Serve/Enjoy. (Whipping Cream as a topper).
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-You can use a hand mixture when stirring in the ingredients if needed.
-We used one bigger glass bowl (a cereal bowl) to put the dish in, where the recipe called for ramekins bowls, (Which are small ceramic, individual, serving bowls) which might have been a mistake, since it didn’t turn into mousse after 2 hours. After six hours, we left in in the fridge over night, because it still hadn’t turned into mousse.
Well we definitely had different opinions on this recipe;
My partner liked the flavor, saying it had a creamy texture that seemed to disappear quickly making him want another bite. He wasn’t sure if it was because of the cinnamon or chocolate bits, but after the creaminess disappeared it was slightly chalky. (Prompting him for another spoonful). He liked it, and would eat it again.
I honestly didn’t like it very much, I’m not sure if it was the honey or yogurt but the mixture of flavors didn’t set well with me. I do agree it was creamy with a slight chalkiness after the bite was swallowed, but it was the over all flavor that turned me off, not the texture.
This seems like a recipe that could go either way, depending on what you like, something you would have to try for yourself to decide.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.