Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
Credit: Crunchy Creamy Sweet
3 med Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/2 tsp Ginger, Ground
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• Cut the stalk off the head of the Broccoli, then cut the individual florets of the broccoli into fours. (Bite size pieces). Place in a pot filled with water, set to the side.
• Start the Rice, cook as directed on the package. (This is for 20 minute Rice, if using 5 minute rice, cook closer to the end- when you start the broccoli on the heat would be a good time).
• Cut the thawed Boneless Chicken Breasts into bite sized pieces, and place in a frying pan, lightly Salt and Pepper the Chicken pieces, then cook on a MEDIUM heat on stove top. (We cooked it on 5, on our stove top). Cook the chicken until they are completely cooked.
• While the Chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce.
• In a bowl, combine the Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Minced Garlic, Ground Ginger, Cornstarch and Apple Cider Vinegar. Whisk thoroughly, make sure there are no clumps.
• Place the Broccoli that is cut and floating in water, on the stove top, put it on a HIGH heat, when it is boiling, let it cook for 4-5 minutes, pull off the heat, and strain the water.
• When the Chicken is completely cooked, pour the sauce over top of it, stir it with a spoon, it will thicken very fast (within a minute or two), when it is thickened and shiny pull it off the heat.
• In a bowl, (or on a plate), dish out the rice, broccoli, and chicken, if there is extra sauce, put some on your rice. Mix together.
MenuDuet’s Notes: In the picture displayed;
-The broccoli instructions are if you don’t have a steamer. The Broccoli and Rice are to be cooked at your own liking.
Our Broccoli instructions, will leave a little crunch to it.
-There isn’t a lot of extra Teriyaki sauce, may leave some dry rice pieces.
-2 cups of Rice, and 1 head of Broccoli would probably be enough, this recipe is good for 2-3 people.
-Original Recipe says you can use Rice Vinegar instead of Apple Cider Vinegar.
We enjoyed this recipe a lot, it took about 40 minutes, including the prep, and tasted quite good, the sauce was a nice light sweet taste, (but not to sweet), that left a bit of tangy-ness, a great combination of flavors went into making this sauce!
The whole dish together, not just the sauce, was very delicious, and no flavors overwhelmed any of the other flavors, we can see ourselves making this again and again, not only because it was so easy to make, but also because it was so delicious!
Let us know what you think in the comments, and follow us on Facebook at ‘Menu Duet’
I took the picture displayed, with my camera.